1. Go to Blockchain or Coinbase and get yourself a wallet. All you need is an email address and password. You will then be told your wallet address. Copy it.
2. You now need to deposit some money.
If you are in the US, you can do this directly through Coinbase. Deposit $20.
In the UK, you should go to Bittylicious. Paste your wallet address where it says “bitcoin address”. Now deposit £20.
There are different exchanges for elsewhere in the world. I can’t list them all. Sorry.
3. Get a friend to do the same.
4. Practise sending each other small amounts of money.
5. Go to a café that accepts bitcoins and buy yourself a coffee.
6. Well done. You’re now part of the revolution.
7. I know I said six, but this is the most necessary step of all: read my book.